Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

still havin trouble

594 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  bigred9909 
#1 ·
so earlier i posted about a 7.3 that wouldnt start after a new motor was dropped in. i put an ethos scanner on it and it gave me a p0605 code sayin the ecm failed. i didnt pinch any wires and it ran before the motor swap. so im wondering if it was just random luck or what could cause the brain to fry?

#2 ·
finished

So the new brain came in yesterday and the truck runs like a bat out of hell and is out of my hair my buddy that did the programming of the ecm said that it was back 3 grades or somethin like that. but he added the 3 upgrades and returned the truck to the stock tune. Turns out the truck had a program put on it back in 01 or 02 by some jackass that didnt know what he was doing and when u plug the scanner in it wipes the memory the truck still was givin a intake air heater circuit low code and a p0603 KAM failure code but when i erased them and drove it 40 miles the codes remained non existant. The guy needed his truck for work so i advised him of the issues and sent him on his way hopin not to see him again except for regular svc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.