Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Parking light no go, headlights work though??

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  RHFDpowerstroke53 
#1 ·
OK,

I'm stumped. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new headlight switch. Last week we were down in the teens here in Nashville, not too bad. I drove the truck to the shop, and all was well. I went to leave the shop and sure enough I flip the headlights on...something's wrong.

I have NO parking lights, almost like a fuse is blown. I have headlights, turn signals and hazard lights. There is just no running lights whatsoever working on the truck. I know they all still work, as i can hit the aftermarket alarm keyfob and they blink showing the truck as locked or unlocked. I checked fuses too just to save my sanity: All is well.

Am i missing something here, or just a dead headlight switch? :doh:

#2 ·
Hmmm - pull the switch to see if a wire came off? :dunno: The alarm may be tapped into the line somewhere other than the light switch or tied to that wire connector and both are not attached at the switch.

Just throwing it out - I think that's where I'd check next....

#3 ·
Yep,

Thought about it actually. Pulled the switch out, air hosed it out hoping for just a bad connection, but all seemed well and didn't make a difference....talk about frustrating.

#4 ·
Mine just did the opposite. Headlights not working, but parking lamps do. I'm leaning toward the switch.

#5 ·
check both sets of fuses again. Same thing happened to me and thats what it was. Unless the switch died...

#6 ·
So there's a separate fuse for parking and headlights?

#7 ·
yes to the above question

#8 ·
Yea. Just go in both fuse boxes with a test light or multi meter and check everything. I do it every couple weeks to make sure everything is working right

#9 ·
I found my problem. My bright/dim switch was not making connection or something. I flipped it to brights and back to dims and the lights came on and started working.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.