Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

power steering pump!!

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  cbubac 
#1 ·
As title says it is about to drive me up the wall. i had it replaced about 30k miles ago...was all good up to about 5k miles ago...it started leaking, dont know where from or anything. so i just got it changed last night and everything was good no leaks anything. Got up this morning to go to work nothing under the truck got to work nothing dripped out, came out and left about hour later nothing, went to a job site, had truck parked for about close to an hour. came back and there was a little puddle of fluid on the ground! i looked underneath and i cannot clearly tell where it is coming from at all...any idea on what it could be?? i really do not want to have to change it again!
sorry for the long post.
any help would be great! thanks Jon

#2 ·
:bump::bump:
really would love some input i had this spot on my driveway :confused:

#3 ·
:bump:
helpppp

#4 ·
:bump::bump::dunno:
no body has any ideas....

#5 ·
how much fluid are you losing? Have you checked very closely and tried to pin point the leak? How full are you filling res?

#6 ·
i can't tell you exactly how much but once i turn the truck off and it sits for an hour or more i come out and there is a little puddle on the right had side of the truck pretty much directly under the pump. No i cannot exactly tell where its coming from i mean ive ran the truck and then stuck my hand with a rag on all the lines going to it and nothing is seeming to be leaking but its just once the truck sits for a while...

#7 ·
check your low pressure return line, the one under the pump. Mine did the same thing. Its kinda a pita to get on after everything is together.

#8 ·
what am i checking for?

#11 ·
Oh, and be sure to rinse out after. I though mine was still leaking and only to find where it kinda puddled up and dripped on the driveway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.