Cruise Control - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 07:57 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cruise Control

My 2000 F350 has 188,000 on it. The cruise control just quit working about two thousand miles ago. I have tried to look for fuses and relay with no luck. Was hoping someone might be able to give me some ideas before I bite the bullet and go to the local ford shop. Any help would be great. Thanks Matt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty60 View Post
My 2000 F350 has 188,000 on it. The cruise control just quit working about two thousand miles ago. I have tried to look for fuses and relay with no luck. Was hoping someone might be able to give me some ideas before I bite the bullet and go to the local ford shop. Any help would be great. Thanks Matt.
Are there any trouble codes?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:43 PM

No codes are showing up. I just had it in the shop this morning to fix two recalls. The one was for the speed control sencor. I was hoping that was it but it didnt seem to fix the problem. I asked the guy at the shop and it will cost me 70 bucks just for them to run the diagnostics on it.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty60 View Post
No codes are showing up. I just had it in the shop this morning to fix two recalls. The one was for the speed control sencor. I was hoping that was it but it didnt seem to fix the problem. I asked the guy at the shop and it will cost me 70 bucks just for them to run the diagnostics on it.
Get ahold of a decent scan tool and you can monitor the cruise switches with it. It will tell you if the switch turns on when you press on and will tell you when the resume, coast and set buttons are pushed. If you are turning it on or pressing one of the other buttons and it doesn't correspond on the scan tool, you have a junk switch.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Weird thing to try but if you push like your cruise set at the same time as your cruise acceleration or any of those to combos at the same time does your horn go off? I am having the same problem and was wondering if it might be a bad Clockswitch in the steering wheel. Let me know if you find anything out, I had the same recall done in hopes that it would fix it and no luck.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:41 AM

I tried the cruise set and the acceleration button and my horn went off. Did the dealership tell you what that might indicate? I'm hoping it is a easy fix with just replacing a switch.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My cruise quit working about 6 months ago and i recently took it in for a safety recall on the wiring harness that catches on fire. They wired in a fuse that is on the brake cylinder and now my cruise works again. It may be worth a check.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have still had no luck with this. I don't have anyone around here that has a scan tool for that. The Ford dealership told me $85 to diagnose it whether it took them an hour or a week it would cost $85, so I said what if you diagnose it, I fix it, and it still doesn't work? They said it would be another $85 because I didn't have them fix it! I got the recall done for the cruise control fues, I even spent an extra $35 and replaced that switch that screws into the end of the master cylinder hoping it would be that....
Old 01-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonmatc2 View Post
I have still had no luck with this. I don't have anyone around here that has a scan tool for that. The Ford dealership told me $85 to diagnose it whether it took them an hour or a week it would cost $85, so I said what if you diagnose it, I fix it, and it still doesn't work? They said it would be another $85 because I didn't have them fix it! I got the recall done for the cruise control fues, I even spent an extra $35 and replaced that switch that screws into the end of the master cylinder hoping it would be that....
Go to your local Advance Auto/V.I.P or other Discount Auto store.... MOST will scan your bateries, starters, alternators, and read your TC's for FREE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.