Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

oil leak

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  angus121 
#1 ·
i just bought a 99 powerstroke and ive got an oil leak that was dripping from the back of the engine. i thought it could be the rear main but i looked from the top and found oil in the intake valley and it was dripping out the back so before i tear into that i was curious if anyone had any leaks in this area.it looked to be coming from more towards the front of the enignes..any help would be great. im new to diesels so im just not sure what to expect .. thanks

#3 ·
Usually it is the turbo pedestal, either where he turbo mounts or where the pedestal mounts to the engine. It can also be the high pressure lines that connect or the High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP). A few other spots, but these are the most likely.

#4 ·
If you are new to these oil leaks on the powerstrokes,,, don't feel like the Lone Ranger..LOL !

We're all plauged with them.! Check out Dieselorings.com,, a supporting vendor here and THE source for all the Orings you ever wanted to fool with ! While attacking the Ped orings, do a search for oil leaks on the advanced search feature on the page,, you'll learn more than you wanna know about orings/oil/fuel/ford/powerstrokes.........

Good luck, weclome aboard, and these guys are great about giving you valuable information and answers to your questions.! Remeber, there are NO DUMB questions,,,, only Dumb Answers...( sometimes :) )..

RB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.