Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

BAD fuel leak!

684 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  wildcatkit52 
#1 ·
After searching I found that the line going to the rear of the pass head is leaking near the bracket. It appears to have worn through due to vibrations. This seems to be a common issue with these. Why did Ford not issue a recall to fix this I wonder? When it bursts while you are traveling down the interstate you don't get a warm and fuzzy about your Powerstroke's reliability to get you from point A to B!

Anyway...

I have to replace it. Do I have to go to Ford for the replacement line or can I get it someplace else? Anybody have a part number for it?

#2 ·
Okay I got the dang thing off... Sure enough it was worn through inside the bracket. You'd think they would have some kind of insulator between the line and the bracket...

I think I am just gonna repair the line with hose for now.

I might be going to a regulated return set up soon anyway.

Who has the best value on those or should I just build my own as others have?

Another side note... Looks like a lot of oil in the cold side pipe to the turbo. Looks like all my looking at turbo upgrades is gonna move to the front burner along with injectors...

Maybe a turbo/procharger setup? I might need to start taking donations!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.