Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

99 7.3 HELP!!no start, no wts, no power to fuel pump

15K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  josephstephens 
#1 ·
Ive checked all fuses under hood and under dash, Ive allways been able to fix this problem be disconnecting fuel bowl heater but this isn't the case. Ive checked ignition-seems ok, checked the fuel shut off. What else???
O ya I also have no tach movement. Pump runs when I hook it up direct.
Im about out of Ideas. pcm???:tard:

#3 ·
You have no WTS which is a good indication that the PCM isn't running. You have checked all the fuses (especially #30-22-19) and you're SURE they're all good?

It will Never start until you get the PCM up again. Is the truck "chipped"? Have you checked the PCM connection at the firewall? Is there power through-out the Fuse panel? (especially the PCM related fuses?)

#4 ·
I have power at all the fuses so says my test light, the truch is completely stock, all connections good, seems like injectors not opening and no power to the pump(6v). Bad pcm has to be the answer it would explain wts light, no tach movement, no power to pump(well 6v).seems like pcm should be grounding and sending currents that are missing??? Truck wont run if fuel pump is wired directly-Thats why I believe injectors are not functioning, so basically everything that the pcm would monitor and control doesn't work. I just want to be sure before spending anymore money

#7 ·
Unplug your fuel bowl heater and leave it unplugged. Replace fuse #30. Yes, I know it tested good. Replace it anyways. It'll take 20 seconds. I've had fuses test good before when they're actually bad. Big pain in the ***.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.