Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

o/d and 4x4 light issues

925 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  lurpy1 
#1 ·
i just got my 4r100 rebuilt... was huge issues... replaced basicly everything in there including case.... so after i get everything done and repaired the mechanic gives me the truck back and the od light will not come on but it will kick down. then about 200 miles into the 600 mile drive the 4x4 light came on on its own. i pulled over and killed the truck checked all connections and nothing wrong.. turned truck back on... no light... and i cant hear it shifting to 4x4 and light will not come on.

i'm hopping this is just a fuse issue but any help would be awesome!:doh::dunno:

#2 ·
hahahahaha out of 19 people reading it not one had an idea lol...

so i figured it out... for anyone that needs this in the future check your electrical connections. i found that my relays were extremely dirty. in addition to this the o/d issue is related to the cable in the steering collum (spelling?) was either a ground or broken wire.. was chaffing so i fixed it all...

the 4x4 light coming on at random and then not shifting into 4x4 on command i found this to be an issue of the connector on the tcase being loose. the dude that rebuilt the tranny broke the connector (and 2 others) but i reconnected it and a touch of silicone to hold it in place and keep water out i'm good as new.

so there it is... hope it helps someone in the future

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.