Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

boost issues

1K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  butkusjr 
#1 ·
hey all the PSD family.

i have an 01 f250 turbo diesel, auto, 4 inch exhaust, and with almost 160k, and . I am having low boost issues. I have always got only around 8-10 pounds of boost max. From everything i look at it's way low. I've checked all pipes for leaks, and had someone look at all connections while i'm powerbraking it to build boost and cant hear or feel any leaks. Its not just the gauge, for i have tested it with a pressure gauge right in the engine bay and it reads the same. It looks to have new up tubes, and piping looks fairly new. I've recently done an oil change with all filters (oil, air, and fuel). It has a Banks big head wastegate on it. Should i test or there a way to test the EBPV? is that something where i should get the other pedestal and delete it? Could it be the wastegate? are there ways to test these without tearing the turbo out?

I've had two moments where i've gotten 16-20 pounds. Random and out of the blue. Once just gunning it in the snow to see what i could get and it jumped up to that, then back down to the usual 8-10. one other time where i quickly stepped on the brakes and went and it again jumped up to the 16-20, and right after got less than 6.

See less See more
#2 ·
i'm going to start hauling a trailer with my car and stuff to travel with for work and am trying to figure this issue out so i dont get robbed of milage or put added stress on the driveline. Speaking of milage, i think this may be part of my issue where i'm only getting up to 14-15 mpg maybe highway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.