Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Problem that is driving me CRAZY!

953 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Jarrod B 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Last March, I bought a 2001 Excursion 7.3. In July, my battery light started flashing and in August, I replaced both batteries. Since then, I have replaced the batteries four times. I have had the alternator tested at Autozone and it tested good. Today, I spent the entire day checking all wires, grounds, and plugs looking for the cause of my power drain. I even took apart the dash in hopes of maybe finding a loose wire there.

Anyway, everything seemed to check out good. I cannot seem to find the problem as to why the battery light flashes or what is draining my batteries. Even when I install the new batteries, the light immediately begins flashing. Could it be the starter? Has anyone ever had this problem and was able to find the solution? I have searched and searched online for answers...nothing I've tried has helped. Getting extremely frustrated!!!

Thanks.

Brad

#3 ·
The first time, my batteries went almost completely dead while driving. I made it home, but as soon as I shut it off, I tried to start it up again, but didn't have enough juice. It doesn't matter what time of day it is. My batteries just keep draining. My light flashes almost all of the time and my batteries do not last very long. Just can't seem to figure it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.