Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Trying To Help A Friend

654 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  partsguy84823 
#1 ·
He has A 99 F350 and the threaded plug in the HPOP blew out. I know about the repair kit but the spring and check ball are missing.

Anyone have a junk pump around I can get these pieces from or know where to get them?

Thanks

#2 ·
i do not, however i know of a lot of u wrench it junkyards. of course they always strip the goodies, but a wrench and a magnet, cost ya prolly 5 bucks. even a diesel shop or dealer couldnt be that much. worst case scenario, we get screwed enough, but the pump, take it back without the parts. i hate to be like that but eveytime i take my diesel in its NEVER less thank 1k.

#4 ·
i do not, however i know of a lot of u wrench it junkyards. of course they always strip the goodies, but a wrench and a magnet, cost ya prolly 5 bucks. even a diesel shop or dealer couldnt be that much. worst case scenario, we get screwed enough, but the pump, take it back without the parts. i hate to be like that but eveytime i take my diesel in its NEVER less thank 1k.
That seems like a pretty crooked way to go about fixing his problem.:dunno: We dont want the diesel community portrayed that way do we?

#3 ·
Huh?

I already tried all the obvious sources. Junkyard wont sell it on a good motor. All the diesel shops in the area send them back as cores so no luck there.

As far as buying a pump and returning without the parts in it, thats is dishonest and I could never live with that.

Thanks anyway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.