Completely clogged EBPV tube - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 07:37 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Completely clogged EBPV tube

My buddy just bought a Snap on scanner for $11,500 and wanted to try it out. We hooked this thing up to my truck in the garage and went inside to drink a beer next to the fire because it's a wireless system ( this thing is awesome) and got a EBPV sensor code. I pulled the tube off and it was clogged completely to the point that I couldn't barely push a screwdriver through the sludge. My question is my truck starts up in the cold fine and after a min. the idle kicks up like it should and when I hit the gas it kicks back down, how did that work with the sensor doing nothing? Do you guys think the performance will be better with the new tube and the sensor working?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If I read corectly, the tube has nothing to do with the high idle. That is done by a sensor reading the in coming below 40* air in the intake. The tube helps control the actual EBV on the back of the turbo. When it idles up you should also hear what sounds like a loud hissing coming from the exhaust where the EBV is closing causing the exhaust to shut off putting exhaust heat back to the motor to help warm it up quicker or keep it warm. You will find A LOT of people on here to tell you not to worry about it. You don't need the EBV and the same amount of people telling you to fix it and leave it on there. I personaly have mine unplugged.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:52 PM

Some one else will chime in in a few minutes
Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 PM

Yeah I hear ya I've read every post I could find on the thing and it's 50/50 if you should keep it. My big question is am I going to see an increase in performance with a functional sensor and tube that was doing nothing before?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
replace it....the tube is 30$ at ford...the sensor is a diff story.like 140 bucks fer that dang thing.replace the tube and keep it plugged in...although there is no prob with unplugging it.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:30 PM

i unpluged mine and my truck would stutter some times when you got on it i pluged mine back in and no more stutter at all.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichy View Post
Yeah I hear ya I've read every post I could find on the thing and it's 50/50 if you should keep it. My big question is am I going to see an increase in performance with a functional sensor and tube that was doing nothing before?
No you will not see any more performance under normal conditions. Keeping in mind that when the EBV kicks in you loose hp and fuel mileage. Its like stuffing a potatoe up your tail pipe.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:38 AM

Well I got the new tube in and it seems to run better. OK actually I think it's just wishful thinking but the lieometer is showing better mileage. What does that sensor do exactly? I thought I read that it sends some parameters to the computer when you're driving under some conditions.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke Techie

The sensor is used to help determine fuel control. They can do all sorts of strange stuff if it's not reading right.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:13 PM

im going thru the same problems i replaced the tube but broke off the threads installing the new sensor!! i heard it effects shifts and fuel so im replacing it just need some custom ez outing lol i say replace it with a new 1. dieselfiltersonline. 75 shipped!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.