Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

big fuel leak from fuel filter houseing please help

Tags
fuel leak
2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ajpu1983 
#1 ·
I have a fuel leak coming from the top of the motor and i dont know what its coming out of. there is fuel pooling on top of the motor and its dripping from behind the filter under the drain lever. i posted pics of where its coming from. i need to know what that piece is and how i should go about fixing it. :dunno:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I had this same leak a couple weeks ago and the water drain valve on the back of the separator needs new orings or just replace the whole valve like i did. And its a real PITA to get to but that should fix it!!

#4 ·
Don't mean to highjack the post, but I just got the same leak and cannot get the part for another day. Is it dangerous to drive around with diesel on the top of the block (dripping down on the back as well) or is it not combustible enough to sweat it? My understanding is that diesel is not as combustible as regular fuel.

Reactions: Kp7.3
#7 ·
I always use this fuel leak as a good chance to remove the fuel filter housing and replace all O-rings as well as all the fuel line sleeves and just knock it all out at once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.