Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

bad EBPV???

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  99stackedpowerstroke 
#1 · (Edited)
so i wired my EBPV to a switch so i could use it as a break, well when i turn my switch on nothing happens, does the motor have to be running since i unhooked the pcm? how do i know if my valve is closing? has anybody else done this?????

#2 ·
oh and would i be able to hear any change in exhaust at idle when i close the valve?

#5 ·
okay and this is at idle? cause when i close my valve no change in sound of exhaust,

#6 ·
when the truck idles up is that when the valve closes? or does that have nothing to do with it?

#7 ·
no, it idleing up is to help it warm up. or if it idles a long time when warm it does it to keep the carbon/hot spots in the valve train where it should be.....at least thats what I understood.

#8 ·
okay, but when i close the valve theres no change in the sound of my exhaust at all, so now what could my problem be? i do have power at the plug with my switch on, i have a power and a ground

#9 ·
and i run a power to the gray/red wire right? or do i ground that? i have power ran to it right now and it doesn't do anything

#10 ·
so does anybody know where i can buy a new EBPV? mine is bad, i cant get it to close at all, i've searched on ebay and also looked it up on google, i cant find anything at all!!!

#11 ·
so, im looking at fixing my EBPV, and i was told i need to undo the rod and see if the valve itself is freed or stuck, now do i need to remove the turbo to do this? or whats the procedures for this? and also how do i check the solenoid?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.