Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

High pressure oil line seal and ICP

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Barnabs 
#1 ·
I was told the high pressure line on teh top left side is leaking and thus shourted my ICP? sensor from leaking down to it.

I was told 120 for the line and seal and 180 for the sensor does this sound right??

Is there anywhere I can buy these items myself to save the markup (ford Im sure will be just as much if not more) and just pay for install.

I am also pretty sure I have a leak in my crankcase seal :(

#3 ·
the 7.3 is made by international right???

I figured they would be the same cost as ford... Ill give them a call though. thanks!

#4 ·
Check out ebay--got a Ford oem icp for $82 in unopened package-10 minute install if you milk it:hehe:

Can't see hp oil line taking out the icp unless plug gasket is bad-again , ebay-gasket + tail kit-$36,comes with shrink tube to seal connectors.

Never looked up HP oil lines-but you can probably find them on there:thumb:

Get a Haines manual,or better,and you can easily check and replace these parts yourself and save some cash:thumb:

What do you mean by crankcase seal?

Are you seeing oil dripping from back of oil pan?

It's most likely not your crank seal,but turbo pedestal,HP oil lines-like the one on your post ,etc:thumb:

#6 ·
Oil is dripping from behind the first belt on teh front of the engine... I can only think that is the crankcase:dunno:

Or am I just too stuck on the mindset of my car engine lol

And I will def check ebay and International. I am just kinda iffy on ordering on ebay and making sure I actually get the right part or a quality part.

#7 ·
If oil is leaking down the front of the motor pull the CPS and check the o-ring.

#9 ·
camshaft position sensor , look up underneath the front end , front of motor on the passenger side just past midway on the main crank pulley, bolted to the front cover. !0 or 12 mm and turn it and it pulls right out. The high pressure line should just need an oring or is the line worn ? Is the truck not running or are they saying to replace the ICP just cause it has fluid in it ?

#10 ·
The HPOP line is pobably fine, mine did the same thing and caused a leak and all I had to do was tighten the line with a wrench. ICP is a 10 minute job MAX, I did mine in the International parking lot with a cresent wrench.

#11 ·
Truck is running... I just have a puddle of oil under the truck when its warming up in the morning... ICP they said the oil got in it so it needs to be replaced. I can see the oil leaking from the oil line.

SCAGLE Ill check what you said. I noticed this on my own I havent had the shop look at it at all.

I have 320xxx miles on the truck soo if things should be replaced vs just a seal soo it permanently corrects the issue and I dont run into it down the road I am perfectly fine doing it.
I just want to make sure im not getting screwed :D

#12 ·
its deffinatly a job you can handle if you have some simple hand tools and time, if you swing by a international dealer somtimes they will check your motor for you free of cost (depends on where you are etc. etc. etc.) but the point is IF you have the time,money and a dealer that will work with you, you mine as well go ahead and take care of the known trouble spots that show up on these motors as they get high miles

#15 ·
Its been getting worse just used to be like a 1 inch spot now its up to about 6 its not puddling up yet and im not losing enough for my oil to be low (I try to monitor it closely) but enough to bother me and make me want it fixed lol

I do have a full set of mechanics tools im just so used to working on my car the truck is like 3rd world country haha. I think I just may try to tackle some of this myself though :)

#16 ·
I do have a full set of mechanics tools im just so used to working on my car the truck is like 3rd world country haha. I think I just may try to tackle some of this myself though :)
There you go , no way to learn like just gettin in there and doing it. I personally think diesels are easier to work on. Clean the motor and the underside as good as you can with degreaser and start chasing the leaks , most are pretty easy fixes. Lots of bright and helpful folks on here who can lead you in the right direction.

#17 ·
If it doesn't snow ill start tracking leaks on sunday :) gotta get some money together for parts and then will be making all the fixes ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.