Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

AC/4X4 vacuum leak?

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  angus121 
#1 ·
I've read a ton about this issue but still cant identify my problem. '01 excursion 4X4 shift in the fly. My heat and A/C only vent through my defrost. SOF does not engage my 4X4. If I lock my hubs manually and shift the SOF switch, I have 4 wheel drive and heat through any vent selected. Hubs locked and in 2H mode, heat defaults back to defrost mode.

If I disconnect and plug the vacuum lines at the hub still defaults to defrost.

Brand new vacuum pump installed, hubs removed, inspected o rings and greased.????

#5 ·
had this problem I think. If my AC was on and I shifted into 4x4 with SOF it would change over to defrost for like 2 minutes then back. It was a bad vacuum line. Check them if you haven't.

#7 ·
mine would only defrost and no 4x4 and i traced it to a vacuum leak and it ended up being the switch that put the vacuum towards my lockouts. it had stuck and let vaccuum bypass..its right behind your vacuum reservoir bolted to your fender.it was 30 bucks at my local junkyard and took 5 minutes to change..it would be something to check

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.