Does not move in reverse without pressing the accellerator - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does not move in reverse without pressing the accellerator

I had a very strange issue happen last night and I am getting ready to go out for a trip towing 15k. I went down to re-fill the fuel in the truck, and i was backing up in my driveway and it was backing up fine (idling), then it felt like i bumped a block or something and it came to a stop.

Then I pulled forward, got out to move the peice of wood or something i hit and looked, and there was nothing, so i got back in, put it in reverse, and it went about a foot and then it felt like the same thing. SO, I gave it some of the pedel, and it started moving, but then as soon as i let off, it came to a stop.

Clicked it over to drive, and it pulls forward great, but as soon as i go into reverse, it stops and when i accellerate, it feels like something is dragging.

Any ideas of things to check, i gave it a quick once over and even felt all the brakes, and one didn't feel hotter then the others like it was dragging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 08:02 PM

Mine did this. Fine in drive, no reverse, UNLESS you hammer down on it....3700bux later I had a new tranny. It seems Reverse going is your 1st clue. Sorry bud....
Old 12-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Same thing in mine last year. Waited a week to get into a shop.
Hauled my welder and gear (3500#) 700 plus miles around WY before I drove to SLC.

Make sure you can pull thru when you park.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

It kinda sounds like the linings of your emergency brakes came loose. If your trans was going out it would be slipping and giving it more gas would only make it slip more. Pull your rear rotors off and check your emergency brake shoes. It sounds to me like they're loose (fell apart) and are jamming up when you back up.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander's 5.8 View Post
It kinda sounds like the linings of your emergency brakes came loose. If your trans was going out it would be slipping and giving it more gas would only make it slip more. Pull your rear rotors off and check your emergency brake shoes. It sounds to me like they're loose (fell apart) and are jamming up when you back up.
Woohoo!!! You were very close lol. My pad on the inside was so worn out that it was jamming into the caliper bracket. New rotor, pads and greasing up the guide pins and ita champ!!

Thanks for the support!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.