Acceleration problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Acceleration problem

I bought a 2000 f350 with the 7.3l diesel in it a few months ago with 119,000 miles on the truck. I drove it for around 8,000 miles and started having a problem when accelerating. When the truck is pulling itsself either on flat ground or up a hill or whatever, just as long as you have to accelerate, you get to about half throttle and the truck starts to shake, kind of like it is running out of fuel, but if you push the pedal to the floor it will power through it or if you back out of the throttle a bit it stops as well. I had a mechanic look at it and they can't figure out what may be causing it, and don't want to just start throwing parts and money at the problem. So far the computer was changed because we thought the chip may be causing it, so unplugged the chip and it erased the computer, changed the electronic pedal, changed the oil thinking it may be foaming, and checked the injector harnesses and can't figure it out. I don't know very much about trucks, but I have to get this figured out and would appreciate any input or thoughts. Thanks Adam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
fuel filter maybe? Otherwise take it to a ford dealer you trust they will know right away.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i would start with fuel filter and i am a tech. could be lots of things. fuel, inj, ect. was the filter replaced?
Old 12-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

There were two ford mechanics working on the truck. The fuel filter was replaced at a quick change place and it started not long after that. They replaced it with one of the ones with a built in cap, so I thought it may be that as well so I went and bought the filter and cap from ford and that didn't help. The water in fuel light is on, but the tech said he checked and there is no water anywhere, he just thinks the sensor is messed up?
Old 12-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamfigge View Post
The fuel filter was replaced at a quick change place and it started not long after that.
NEVER let quick change places work on you truck... Did they drain the bowel
before they changed the filter? I bet they just pulled it out and let the
nasty stuff float around and then put in the new filter allowing the dirt to
get to the injectors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.