Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Random miss, causes stall at idle

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  tristanlee85 
#1 ·
So far I am leaning toward this being a fuel issue only because the truck was completely empty and it only happened after I filled up. It doesn't matter if the engine is under heavy load or idle. It will miss enough to jerk the truck or cause it to stall at idle.

I checked the drain valve on the fuel bowl to see if there was water to drain out. Not a drop. It's been 10k since the last drain/filter replacement. I not sure what's next to check. The SES came on, but I currently don't have a way to read it that I am aware of (haven't searched or checked the manual).

What are some common things to look for? I've a 3hr drive tomorrow and don't want to chance it in the current condition.

#2 ·
I got the Flashpaq out and scanned the codes. CPS circuit issue. I just replaced that sensor with a brand new one from Advance Auto with the BWD brand. Either the connection was bad or the sensor quality itself is junk. Luckily I had my old OEM one with the ripped o-ring. I just swapped the o-ring over to the OEM sensor and put it back in with 0 problems. Weird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.