problems!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
problems!!

im in need of a new cps im thiknking possibly a whole new pedal assembly and pcm because i keep getting code p0221 and my service engine light will come on, the truck shows no rpm movement when crancking so ill start by getting a brand new cps form the dealer, also what this code mean?
P0713 Transmission Fluid Temp. Sensor CKT High Input?
if anyone has any info or help id greatly appericate it ive been trying to diagnose my pedal loss problem and ive had transmission overheating problems in the past, is there sensors i need to chage out or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2010, 05:32 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

Here is the code for p0221. I would start with the cam sensor and then if that doesn't help try the throttle position sensor. Also if there is an international dealer by you, go to them and get a blue cps. They run about $25. I can find the part number later. Its better than the factory grey one from ford.

P0221 "thottle/pedal position switch circuit
Old 12-11-2010, 09:51 PM

10-4 sir ill be goin and gettin the cps asap and i have already replaced the pedal postion sensor under the dash on the pedal assembly got it from my local main auto parts delaer as well as the cam sensor, guess its time to try the newest version, any ideas on the tranny code?? really gotta get this fixed ill loose my throttle in the middle of intersections gets pretty scary! lol thanks for the help keep bumpin me up!! thanks
Old 12-12-2010, 08:40 AM

going to border international to get my cps sensor right now 25 bucks, ill see if that fixes anything, what would cause the pedal sensor code tho if i just replaced my pedal position sensor? thanks back to top
Old 12-12-2010, 02:57 PM

replaced the cam shaft postion sensor with the newest version, and it didnt help at all, the service engine light comes on and i loose all pedal response after i drpress the pedal down a few times the light goes away and the truck will run normal, and the pedal is also very incostient in its reading! i need help asap!
Old 12-12-2010, 02:59 PM

any idea if it could be the pcm or pedal assembly last tiem this happened someone mentioned it might be one of those? also where can a guy go about shopping for a pcm or pedal assembly? thanks
Old 12-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Powerstroke Techie

The lack of tach movement when cranking doesn't mean that your cps isn't reading. You need to check the wiring between the pcm and the pedal. Have you replaced the pedal yet? I've seen a whole bunch of those fail. As far as the tft code if you overheated the trans it could throw the lite, you need to monitor the tft and see what it's reading.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:11 PM

i have not replaced the pedal yet but im going to google it right now and see if i can find one, im waiting on my guages to arrive via santa so my trans will be monitored shortly, ill have to check wires but im not the greatest with elstronics what should i be looking for? thanks back to top.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:32 PM

well cant find a thing on a pedal assembly for sale if anyone has a spare or knows where i can get 1 id appericate it lemme kno!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Powerstroke Techie

You need to look for opens in the wires while wiggling the harness between the pedal and pcm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.