Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Anyone in the San Antonio area mechanically inclined?

803 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  howardtm 
#1 ·
Hey again guys(and gals). This is probably a long shot. Here's the scoop. Was doing pickups for my next run east from CA and blew the engine in my beloved E550. Not having the funds, nor resources to replace the engine, had to sell her for scrap and ended up with this piece of sh*t 88 chevy motor home(it was just big enough to transfer the items I had for delivery) This thing has more problems than the federal budget! I really need to get the carb adjusted nd this best timed. Got new plugs and am going to replace the wires later this morning. This beast has a 454, only gets 5 MILES PER GALLON, has no power, hesitates on accelleration, will cough and sputter on occassion and does the old "dieseling" often when turning it off. I'm sitting at the flying J just east of San Antonio on I-10 with exactly 59.00 to my name and no resources to add to that, so I need some charity work done. If anyone can help that would be great, if not, I understand and thanks.anyway. You can reach me on my cell phone..843-441-5503. (Howard)

#2 ·
Let me know whats going on around 3 if your still there. One of my foreman is quite the gearhead on gassers and he will be coming through that side of town then. He's on a job in Helotes right now (far west SA) and I can't pull him off til later.

#3 ·
thanks..oh..I'll probably be here for several days. Like I said, I've got just 59 bucks to my name(trying to find something to haul headed east but its real slow). I'm parked on the bck row where the big rigs prk..just tell him to look for the really ****ty motor home with a nice boat(not my boat) hooked behind. Let me know if he can make it. Thanks

#4 ·
howardtm,

My guy cant get there today. Just called and they will be out west till dark. Should have shorter day tomorrow so we'll see what happens. I'm truly sorry (I'm one and a half hours from you w/traffic) as I'm not worth a **** w/a wrench or I'd try to help. We'll see about getting something done tomorrow if your still there. Be cool.

#6 ·
Hey bud, where are you trying to get to (where's home) with your load?

#7 ·
got none..not really after the divorce. I have a boat that needs to get to tallahassie(sp), a few items down to pompano beach then a grand father clock to mooresville, nc. But i'm going to have to try to work my way through the route. All this bad luck has completely drained all my resources and at 5 MPG, I'm not sure its gonna happen. Talked to a trucker this afternoon..has one a year older than this one, same engine etc and he says he get 10MPG even uphill?? I need to get some front end work done as soon as I can..really chewing the he** out of the inside edge of the tires..pulls to the right quite a bit too. oil pressure guage quit working right after the clown changed some plugs and wires..can't find it anywhere to check if he pulled the wire off..just about at my wits end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.