Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

air bag light wont go off

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ssb250 
#1 ·
whats up guys just purchased a 2000 f-250. 3rd or so day of driving it i was messing around with cruise control when i noticed the airbag lights blink for a minute then just stays on. I did some research and though it could be the clock spring but the horn and cruise control still work. Any help would be much appreciated thank Travis

#2 · (Edited)
I'm new here, but had a similar issue with my 99 PSD truck. I ended up realizing that the airbag dash light was flashing in a particular sequence to reveal a trouble code when I first started the truck. I forget what code number was being flashed or how I even determined the number, but a google search on that number suggested that the light bulb in that "key switch mechanism" on the dash that turns on/off the passenger airbag was burnt out. Sure enough, the little bulb inside was burnt out because I always leave the passenger airbag turned off due to little kids being in the front seat (which causes that light to come on as a warning that the passenger airbag is inactivated). I took the assembly apart and desolderd the bulb and replaced it with a similar 12V bulb I found at Radio Shack. Problem solved!!! I think I read where some people replaced the bulb with a clear 12 volt LED and had success (should last nearly forever, also).

Anyways I don't know if this is your problem, but I think it is a very common cause for the "airbag" warning light to be illuminated on the dash. Post back with your findings. Best of luck and be safe.

sluhbmet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.