Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

02 7.3 wont start

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bad Night 
#1 ·
I have a 02 7.3 and i cant get it to start it wont even turn over it just clicks. I just put new batteries in it and ive even tried jumping it . It was having a hard time starting the other morning so i plugged it in and when i tried again it wouldnt even try turning over. I had this problem before but i would just turn the key back and try it a few times and it would turn over and start now it wont do anything it just clicks no matter how many times i try. It has a autopage alarm/electric start so idk if that has something to do with it. I ran a check with my superchips and its not throwing any codes. Im a complete noob so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

#2 ·
If you have to new batteries in it and it won't do anything then you need to be looking at your starter relay and your starter, as the culprits with everything working good you should no problem spinning that thing over, and with the two new batteries did you get the right ones that CCA to start the beast

#5 ·
Yea , times two on the starter . It could also be bad grounds though . They should be checked . Just follow them from the batteries and make sure the wires are in good shape and the connections are clean .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.