Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

EBPV problems

28K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  codysweat 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I've been lurking for a while and have found some really great info on this site.
I've had a 2000 250 7.3 2wd 6 speed manual for about 4 years now. I am very familiar with the hissing sound the EBPV makes when it's cold out.

Within the last year my valve has started opening and closing in about 2 to 3 second intervals, and just keeps cycling. The valve will operate when I'm trying to accelerate or when idling. It's a real pita when I'm trying to get up to speed, and it's pretty dang dangerous when driving on ice or snow. The thing won't settle down until it's well into operating range either.

I noticed this summer the valve would open and close even though the temps outside were pushing 80 degrees F. After I tap the brake pedal it would quit and then do it again 2 or 3 more times.
I have cleaned and inspected the EBP tube a few times, I also installed a new International sensor. Found it on ebay for $5 brand new.

As a side note, I also did the Stancor mod a few months ago. Though Stancor doesn't make the part anymore. Now you get it through White/Rogers.

Does anyone have any insight on what I should look for or test to get my EBPV to operate normally? I don't want to delete it, I just want it the way it used to be.

Thanks in advance, Bill.

See less See more
#2 ·
i vote ebpv delete.. best thing i ever did on that pos.

#5 ·
what all does the delete kit do? ive been thinkin about one for awhile but ive only heard that your exhaust is louder

anything else?

#6 ·
no such thing as a kit. my exhaust is louder and much cleaner sounding.. not all mufflyyy noisy like the normal straight piped 7.3's anyway you remove the turbo and pedestal obviously. Drill out the butterfly valve, you can weld it or tap it(mines welded) tap the pedestal for a NPT plug(forget the size off the top of my head) and plug it. voila.

#16 ·
ya the down pipe just take off that one clamp and let it slide down a little get some penetrating oil and spray it on the joints in moves on carbon buildup is more than normal maybe use a little brake cleaner if its *dirty ill remove mine 1 day till then i like how it warms my truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.