Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

truck dies

741 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  kx250frider617 
#1 ·
have a 2002 f350 CC LB with the 7.3PSD, mods include a suncoast transmission with billet TQ, 5" lift, 4" turbo back exhaust. The motor itself is all stock with a cheap hypertech programmer.

Now for the problem, the truck dies intermittently and is always while the truck is at idle or just off idle ie: starting off from a red light. As I start to push the peddle the truck dies ONLY sometimes. We took it to the dealer and talked to people on forums etc and so far we have replaced the ICP and the CPS. Everyone seams to point towards the IPR as the culprit. However it gets a little weird, The truck seams to die only after I change the settings on the programmer. The truck would then start after it sits for about an hour but will or will not die after. We ran the truck for months without an issue on stage 2, I then put it on stage 3 and ran it but did not like the fuel consumption so I changed it back to stage 2. There were no issues while under stage 3 but after about a day of driving the symptoms occur. We brought it to a buddy at the dealer who hooked up their scan tool for FREE while the truck was on stage 2 and said the computer was messing up. I then brought the truck back to stock settings on the programmer then the dealer cleared the codes and everything was perfect, no issues at all. Now I have been driving the truck on stock setting and have no problems so far. I have however bought a new IPR just incase. What are your guys opinions on this? I am trying to figure if it is the truck or the programmer but since its running fine, should I program the truck again just to see if it dies? Then if it dies, I was going to put it back to stock and see if it fires. Any opinions are welcome, please help.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.