99psd Trouble - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 99psd Trouble

Hello all i am fairly new here and this is my first psd and to start with i am having cold start problems i think it is the GP relay but not sure i have power to the terminal from the battery and when the key is turned on the the relay clicks but no power to the other big term on the relay with the key on the small terminal at the front has power and the small one at the back is grounded am i on the right track for this problem the truck is a 99 that is all stock with 206k miles on it and a manual 6speed

my second question is i am not building hardly any boost in 2nd 3rd or 4th and off the line this thing is a dog but in 5th and 6th the boost builds well in the rpms are 2300 and up i can get 22 psi out if it then what should i look at for this porblem or is it normal thanks for all advice in advance

Alec

ps where can i get just a 4" downpipe

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2007, 02:01 PM
im fat and ugly

welcome aboard

im not familiar with the 99 model so i cant be much help with yur question (sorry)

but if you go here http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/pow...-org-sponsors/ we have several vendors that can give you great pricing on the 4" dp
Old 06-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds to me like the GPR died, though I'm no expert. Here's a cool link to installing a much beefier GPR: Welcome to guzzle's Stancor GPR replacement Mod Web Page
Old 06-25-2007, 04:42 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yep its the glow plug relay.

Second question, you may have buildup in your exhaust backpressure pipe from the manifold, bad sensor or a big need for a programmer..
Old 07-02-2007, 01:07 PM

If you take the rubber off of the powerside of the GPR and take a heavy screwdriver and connect the two big terminals with key in and wait to start light on, wait for about 20 seconds have someone start the truck. If it still does'nt fire it may be your glow plug harness which gets freyed after time. The GPR that jphelzer mentioned is a heckuva relay, recomended highly.
I just put in a 4" turbo back down pipe to a 5" straight pipe w/ 6" tip from Mark at MKO, he is on ebay if ya want to check him out.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info guys sorry it takes me longer to get back to ya i drive truck and am only home every couple weeks what do i need to do to check the exhaust back pressure hose is it just the the dpfe on the gasser engines or is it diff thanks

alec
Old 07-08-2007, 01:13 PM

yea my truck was doin the same thing and it ended up being the GPR.

Also check out Scheid Diesel, they sell one for aboput 150 bucks. I have iot on mine and its really nice.

www.Scheiddiesel.com part number : FS101AFP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.