Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Whats causing this problem

828 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  freeride707 
#1 ·
So my TC just unlocks after ive been driving for a while. then wont lock up again. I will be on the freeway with CC on then it just kicks off then within a few sec's the TC unlocks.

I hooked it up to an AE and pulled the codes and got a whole laundry list of them. Brian at BTS said its not the Trans itself but a sensor or something else.

now the only other issue ive got is a rough idle when cold(probably the ICP code) and then the Fuel gauge doesnt work. Is it possible there are all these issues that arent causing problems? all i need to fix is the TC issue. im guessing the speed sensor brake sensor and throttle sensor codes are causing the unlcking TC

here are the screenshots from the AE

See less See more
#3 ·
pulled the chip and tried it again and got the same codes. I tried to do a contribution test and it just killed the engine. since the ICP is "out of range" i checked all connections and traced the wires. there was no oil in the sensor so :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.