Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

diesel leak!!

3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Isakson 
#1 ·
2002 f250 7.3, my wife sent me this video this morning of her truck leaking diesel fuel. Any suggestions?

#4 ·
Mine started doing the same thing last winter... ended up being the fuel bowl drain valve O-Ring... Changed it out and it hasn't leaked since...
If you're in a pinch you could always flip the old o-ring over... it'll reseal and hold ya over for a little while or long depending on how lucky you get...

#7 ·
The valve is actually on the back side of the fuel bowl, can be a PITA to get the screws out and back in... but the above links will help alot. That's what I used when I replaced my O-rings...

#9 ·
The drain valve is on the back of the fuel bowl with the yellow handle looking thing. The o rings were my problem but I took it off and couldnt find any to go back on so I just put it back together and hasnt leaked a drop since and thats been about a year.

#12 ·
If you replaced them, its time to start searching for an actual hole in the fuel bowl.

#15 ·
I actually had that leaking to at one point. It was right after Ford change my oil and filters and apparently they didnt get the part about tightening the cap. But glad you got it stopped cause its to expensive to be wastin haha

#21 ·
i just found them on that website do you think it would be better to replace the whole valve assembly or just the o rings

#24 ·
Im impressed your wife noticed it. Good for her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.