Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Beating a Dead Horse on EBPS?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  sethc24 
#1 ·
Ok I have searched and haven't came up with an answer i can live with yet..

So, what I have come up with so far is the EBPS (sensor on front of motor) reads backpressure and helps control the EBPV regulator (Sensor Valve on back turbo pedstal) is this correct?

I have deleted the my EBPV and gutted my pedstal and left the EBPV sensor (rear sensor on pedstal) unplugged. So do I still need to worry about cleaning the tube connected to the EBP sensor on the front of the engine? Or is it pretty much not used, but still needs hooked up?

Does the EBP sensor control anything else? I have seen post that Jody Tipton (DP tuner) said its important to have it working correctly to help with PCM fuel management..

I just want to clear this up so I can sleep at night.. LOL

#2 ·
Bump. Interested to in this.

#4 ·
I agree, thats why im asking. I'd just like to know more. If it something that is really really important. Im going to put it on my things to service list when I change my oil. If its a minor thing, its going on the once a year service list. I guess I just like know the small details on stuff.

Kinda like when my dad use to tell me to do something and I always asked "WHY?" or "HOW COME?".. Sometimes he didnt have an answer and that always bugged the crap out of me..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.