96'' hpop in a 99'' truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
96'' hpop in a 99'' truck

Hello all im new to the site and just bought my first powerstroke woohoo:+) n e wayz i got a good deal on it and am loving every second of it. I plan on using it as my welding rig once i get out of skewl.

N e wayz the guy i bought it from said the HPOP went out in it and he put one in it from a 96'' model and it was different, he said something about the 96 being for single injectors and the 99 flows more.

Any way im ready to put a 99' model hpop in it to get the truck to run right, it isnt that strong or fast right now, you can tell that it is down on power, it doesnt smoke or anything but i want the right pump in it.

My questions to yall is where should i get one? are there any better than others? what is the going rate for a shop install? should i replace anything else while im doing it? I have no intentions to race it or change injectors just want it to be nice and dependable.................Thanks in advance for any answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
is this an early 99 (built* before 12/98)? if its after 1/99, it has a 17* pump which puts more out than the 15* pump that was in the obs trucks and early 99s. where to get it, depends. look for one thats fairly new since i bought a used one that went out 10k later. theres one aftermarket brand that ive heard that works great and cost less than fords price.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i think its an early 99', i called the local diesel shop and they said it would be 1200 installed for a new pump and ipr, does that sound about right?
Old 09-17-2010, 04:30 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Best bet..Get a rebuilt pump for less than $400 or the new Stealth for less than $700 and install it yourself isn't that hard to do. Clean and reuse your IPR with new O ring kit. PM me if I can help.

Cary
Old 09-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks ct performance i have been looking everywhere for a rebuilt pump and found one for 395 at pensacola diesel. im going to order it and a new ipr and do it myself, ive never worked on a diesel but it cant be rocket science, i have a couple of write-ups to go by. One last question tho: Do i need to grab a 17* hpop? my truck is an early 99
Old 09-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Oilfield Trash

17* will put more out than a 15* will. builds that pressure a tad faster which will result a bit more responce on the engine.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok thanks alot, is there a certain brand yall reccomend or should i just got with the one from pensacoladiesel.com?

Is there anything wrong with putting a 15* back in it? i really dont plan to do any mods to it cuz its my welding truck, but i know i will get an itch up my butt to do something later, ie injectors, chip, exhaust
Old 09-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Oilfield Trash

my 15* is back in mine since my tweaked 17 failed. its fine and there isnt any issues with putting the 15* back in. afterall ford made it like that lol.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

HAHA tru that and thanks jarrod b and everyone for their input
Old 09-20-2010, 08:22 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
15* will not supply the oil needed for splits..thats why Ford went to a 17*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.