Help! Getting Tired of this truck! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 09:25 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help! Getting Tired of this truck!

Alright guys any help would be so greatly appreciated! Im so sick of this truck i have invested every dime i have into this thing and its not only running right and only driven it twice. Im going to give as much detail as i can. About 2 months ago i purchased a 2002 F250 4x4 CC 7.3L with a bad motor.

I take it to a local diesel mechanic and he informs me that the IDM is bad if i replace it the truck will continue to run until i can purchase a new motor. Long story short i pay him $400 to replace it the following day truck dies and will not start mechanic says he thinks the motor just finally gave away..

About a month after all that i locate a motor out of a 2002 F250 4x4 7.3l that was wrecked now this motor has dual alternators on it and i decided to keep them well i go ahead and remove the old motor and replace it with the new plug everything up and she fires right up but seems to be missing. At this time i decide to take it to the mechanic to have him hook the computer up and let me know he says that cylinders 2,4,6,8 arent firing he says that the wiring harness between the two motors are probably different so he went ahead and swapped them out calls me the following day saying the truck is running great no problems.. He charges me $300 and i pick up the truck i make it 4 blocks from the shop before the CEL comes on and back to running on 4 cylinders i turn around and barely make it back to the shop he plugs in the computer does a buzz test with everything checking out ok he says the IDM is bad again he says the different harnesses must of fried the IDM and the one he replaced is no longer under warranty.

I feel that this mechanic is taking guesses on my money and is not really sure whats going on with the truck like i said i dont have any more money to put into the truck and im out of options i figured i would come here for someone to shine some light!

Thanks so much for any info
TwEaK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2010, 10:54 AM

Well guys i picked up the truck today after he replaced the IDM for the 2nd time i made it about 2 miles before the truck acted up again im $500 in the hole and still at the same place when i dropped it off.. Any help cmon please!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think you need to take it to someone else. Injector harness will do that and if he used the old ones I would put new harness in
Old 09-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Find a new mechanic. Sounds like the UVCH is your problem
Old 09-02-2010, 10:40 AM

also..I have an e550 and at one time wanted to put in the "second alt" system due to an extra load(charging 2 really BIG aux batts) and found out that I would have to swap out almost everything..all the harness' and possibly the pcm etc..needless to say I quickly altered my thoughts on that idea. That MAY be where your problem is.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:56 AM

what is the UVCH? and the second alternator is really easy to wire up all you need is an isolator and wire it straight to the battery. Im also thinking it could be injector harness but im out of options?

TwEaK
Old 09-02-2010, 11:02 AM
riddin' high

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dasaliac03 Send a message via Skype™ to Dasaliac03
yea man find a new mechanic! 7.3 is a very well built motor and you shouldnt have to keep paying this guy to "fix" it for you
Old 09-08-2010, 09:03 PM

hahaha have u ever owned a jeep? what ur experiencing is a cake walk compared to owning a jeep. Sorry i had to ***** i owned 2 jeeps. bummer man hope u get everything figured out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.