This is an extremely long story So what I am going to do in this post is provide the above link, list what codes were pulled and tell you what has been happening and what we have replaced or done since then.
When we had the problem a friend of ours decided they wanted to pull sensor plugs one by one. Which set a couple of these codes off. We had the injector #7 replaced at not so expensive mechanic shop. When we got the truck back it seemed like it was fixed it drives but when we would go to a trailer 4000 lbs or more it would at like it had no power to give. After 3 weekends the motor smoked knocked and then hydro locked I believe is the term. I'm still learning about my motor so we were not aware that the new symptoms would be from the same problem and sent the truck back to said inexpensive guy. He tore our whole motor apart looking for a blown motor symptom I now know he is not only inexpensive but inexperienced. He called us and said it might be time to look for a new motor but he would keep looking. He eventually got to the injectors pulled #7 and wouldn't turn over pulled #5 and would turn over. He got to that point and called us and said you need a new motor I don't know what to tell ya. From there I had already been doing research on here and found that the problem had to be the injectors again. GRR So I called him up and asked him to remove the 2 injectors again so that I could have them tested.
Injectors were tested and found to be mechanically working the o-rings were bad so they replaced them. When I brought them to the injection shop the owner told me right away from blow by burns at the base of the injector #7 that it had been installed improperly/ unseated. I had *cheap mechanic* reinstall the injectors this time making very clear of the procedure in conversation with the mechanic hoping that with all this in mind he would take EXTRA care in installing it this time. From here we took it towing again seemed fine but going up hill with or without a load the truck would bog down and would drop to 45 mph and on the straight a ways would top out at 65mph, heavier loads, 60mph and the rpms would not go over 2500. We decided obviously from the first screw up we would just the stealer-ship instead this time and sent it in to get a diag. They came up with the icp plug was oily and bad and that #8 injector was bad. Due to this dealership being jerks scheduling my appt and then on the day of said it never got scheduled,I had to go to another dealership. This dealership replaced #8 and we did the icp ourselves. So the problem should be fixed right? Nope! After another weekend of horrible towing we sent it back to the dealer who did the injector had them do a diag, they came up with speed sensor code but wasn't sure that was affecting our power. He tested the turbo and said it was pushing 18psi and that he did a compression test and it was good. Still not having full power the truck has 308000 on it. Please don't tell me my truck is beat and old Before the injector went it was 299000 and was pulling like an animal without mods. We could tool down the highway with a 16000lb trailer at 75 or more.
I was told that when an injector is installed improperly /unseated that the injectors will eventually start sending fluid everywhere. Which it did oil was spilling up into the turbo through the back on the drivers side. The **cheap guy** took our turbo apart also "claimed " that it was intact and good to go I assume from later tests that this is true however, before he pulled it apart it was nice and dry on the outside now it has oil leaking. We are unsure of exactly where the oil is leaking.
The oil filter and fuel filters have been changed several times through all of this. We decided to check the MAP sensor now to see if it was bad. It broke when we tried to remove the tube from it. So we had to replace it. It seems to have made a small difference. Nothing worth writing home about though. So now I'm thinking it is the tps or accelerator pedal however you want to refer to it. I only think this because it seems to make sense. Sometimes when we have a load going up a hill you can have the pedal all the way to the floor and the truck won't accelerate past 45 and the rpms won't pass 1000 to 1400 it won't rev up or drop into passing gear. I am also thinking that the speed sensor is having something to do with this as well. I need to locate it and or maybe find someone who has cleaned it to fix it rather than replaced it.
Could the fluid blowby have ruined many sensors? I feel like we are at a roadblock and that continuing to send it to the dealer is just wasting money. They keep telling me its good running. Obviously it isn't though.
We have also replaced the gray Cps from the recall to the dark blue from international. Also replaced EBPV Sensor and tube.
The high pressure oil pump was replaced last year
IPR was resealed at this time
Transmission was rebuilt 2 years ago, heavy duty torque converter added and a new heavier duty tranny cooler.
Fuel pump on the rail replaced two winters ago.
Water seperator valve has been replaced a month ago and is leaking again.
***Yesterday we found a little tube looks like a small vacuum line in the valley.****
I pulled it out cleaned it up it was holey about 2 inchs long and it had what looked like an inner tube in it that slithered out I'll take pictures and upload.