General Quesion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Johnny Law Brown

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
General Quesion

Since these damn things break all of the time and I'm constatly working and learning on the thing and the fact that I'm about to get laid off what is general concensus think if I started my own shop just working on strokers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Break all the time? From my understanding these 7.3's don't break very often except real easy fixes that most would do themselves. I think if you opened a stroker only shop, your main buisness would be injector and tranny repairs.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yeah my truck has 300 plus on it. and ive replaced one wheel bearing, one HP oil line, CPS, and tranny at 298,000. soooooo i would say thats a pretty good ratio of part failure to mileage. and i work my truck to death
Old 07-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Johnny Law Brown

No the engines will usually last along time if they are maintaned aside from the micky mouse stuff I'm talking hutch said injectors trannies a little bit of performance stuff and there alot of guys around here who don't have time to do it not that they aren't able to but they take it somewhere out of necessity of time
Old 08-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Gonna name it ChevyMan's Ford Shop?

In all honesty, it would be tough to stay profitable. Maybe an all-diesel shop. Our shop sees tons of Powerstrokes, but we get them mostly from F450 work trucks. If you could find a few big fleets that use F450 flatbeds, and get all of their maintenance and repairs, you could stay afloat.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Johnny Law Brown

No I wasn't planning on callin it that, but where I live I'm with a stones throw of haisely machine where all of the dodges go and fleece is just a few hours away and nobody really works on the strokers persay other than the stealership so thats what has prompted the idea I'm in the business of making money so I will never turn anybody away its just an idea
Old 08-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Have lots of $$ invested in tools and equiptment..2000 sq foot of empty shop space..etc. Many years of Experience?
Old 08-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Johnny Law Brown

Like I said earlier I don't know everything about everything if I did why would I be on here. Now with that out of the way I have been working on trucks and tractors my entire life, what I'm getting at is there is no diesel shop where I live other than a place that changes parts and a moron can do that I speciallize in electrical and hvac systems not to hard to fix and the reason I want to maily gear it towards powerstrokes is because I own 2 of them so why would I specialize in something I don't own. I was merely looking for ideas of others who contimplated the same idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.