Not really big problems, more like annoyances! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2007, 12:27 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not really big problems, more like annoyances!

1. - I went to the dealership today, I only need ONE part, I have the part # but they can only sell me the whole thing for 150. It's the plastic end part for the 7 pin connector. I called some junkyards none of them have any super duties

2 - I have a huge dent in my grill because some mexicans were hauling stone in the back of their truck and it fell out and hit my gril. This was last summer. I finally ordered a new grill today, 100 bux shipped to my door. Yay!

3 - Sometime within the next 1-3 weeks I'm getting the visor bracket pulled off and getting the roof repainted. I will be installing clearance lights and I already have the Ford harness that goes from the kick panel up to the top of the windshield. I need the bases, and I was wondering if they came with any wires on them or not. I plan to get the smoked lenses so hopefully I can just order the bases. If anyone can shed some light on this I'd appriciate it.

4 - I recently did the drain hose mod, about 2 months ago actually. I notice that the hose coming from the drain tube on the bottom passenger side of the motor has some diesel inside of it and mainly at the bottom. It's dripping about 3-4 drops after I shut the motor off. When I flip the yellow lever over it does not drain anything. I was wondering if this could be caused by bad o-rings. The truck used to get 15-17mpg on summer blend fuel and now I'm getting 11-13 and I am pretty certain this fuel leak is my problem. With rising fuel cost it could be rather expensive!

5 - I have noticed a wobble at high speeds and at 45 mph. Checked ball joints, wheel bearings and steering linkages (not gotten to ujoints yet) and all were good, but I did find a badly worn trac bar bushing. I think this is my culprit. I was wondering if anybody had a writeup on how to replace this. I heard it was a PITA to do, maybe someone can explain it to me.

I think that's it for now! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2007, 06:31 PM
International Threat

Bizzzzy bump!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bump bump bump
Old 05-16-2007, 06:12 AM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
The fuel drain valve could be leaking. pretty simple to replace unless you suffer from FHS (fat hand syndrome) like I do

Can't help you on the track bar.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:21 PM
International Threat

Well I got under the truck again today... all of the Ujoints I could find look good. The 2 in the front axles, the 2 in the front driveshaft. I also jacked up the truck again and can not for the life of me find any ball joint or wheel bearing problem. What gives? I can't believe that just a crumbled tracbar bushing is giving me all of these issues. Maybe, who knows. I did fix part of the exhaust that was hitting the transmission xmember and annoying me at 12-1800 rpms.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
i ordered some cab lights from ford for my old f-250 a long time back and when i did they come by the piece ( lens and base with bulb and connecting wires out the bottom), the harness was seperate. hope this helps with the lights question.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
what sort of wobble are you talking about, in the front, the rear? in the steering? could you possibly have warped brake rotors? out of balance wheels and tires? out of balance drive shaft? is your truck a crew cab or a super cab long bed, if so do you have a carrier bearing under neath to support the 2 piece drive shaft or do you not have the bearing and have a one piece shaft? i heard that the bearing can be worn and cause a vibration/wobble if it isnt supporting correctly.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:23 PM
International Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwalker29 View Post
i ordered some cab lights from ford for my old f-250 a long time back and when i did they come by the piece ( lens and base with bulb and connecting wires out the bottom), the harness was seperate. hope this helps with the lights question.
I spoke with Raul from stealth automotive and the ones I'm getting are either the clear with chrome bases or smoked with black bases... not sure which one I'm going to get yet though. I also looked at the product and they come with lenses, bulbs, bases and wires.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:23 PM
International Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwalker
what sort of wobble are you talking about, in the front, the rear? in the steering? could you possibly have warped brake rotors? out of balance wheels and tires? out of balance drive shaft? is your truck a crew cab or a super cab long bed, if so do you have a carrier bearing under neath to support the 2 piece drive shaft or do you not have the bearing and have a one piece shaft? i heard that the bearing can be worn and cause a vibration/wobble if it isnt supporting correctly.
It's in the front. While driving you can feel it in your back and in the steering wheel. I've always had a wobble at 45mph that comes and goes.
My tires are definitely out of balance, after I mounted them and balanced then every wheel weight flew off. I rebalanced and it happened again. I'm going to try stick on weights next.

It still tracks nicely down the road, I can let go of the wheel and it won't wander much at all. I have BRAND new rotors all the way around and BRAND NEW pads all the way around. I have Cryo's in the front and the "premium" rotors from autozone in the rear. Driveshaft could be out of balance but I sure hope not, and my truck is a crewcab short bed and I have a carrier bearing but I checked that and it seems tight. I can move it up and down just like I can on my friends truck so I assumed it was ok. Anybody got some way to definitely check the carrier bearing?

Last edited by Marty; 05-16-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:50 PM

Smile Ridgerunner

Sounds like you may have a bent wheel. Its hard to see but the wobble shows at around 40-45 mph. take the tires off and run just the rims on a spin balancer and find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.