Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

NEW PN# CPS issues..

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Performance Oil Products 
#1 ·
Installed the New CPS and the truck has shut off twice with the new one. (When I say new one, I mean the -B $25 one) However, I did drop the new sensor while fumbling around with it trying to get it in. Dunno how sturdy that sensor is???

#2 ·
bump bump bump..............

#3 ·
i put one of new 25$ ones in two weeks ago and havent had a problem yet.

#4 ·
i put one in like two months ago and it was fine i too dropped it but it was the blue one.

#5 ·
Hmmm..well shoot. Im getting an SCT tuner Thursday evening from a local tuner, I'll see if he can check for codes first.

#6 ·
Truck stalled out on me again coming back from lunch. Also, I noticed the fuel gauge was already down to a 1/4 tank ( I just filled up Sunday night). As I got closer to work, the gauge slowly moved back up to 1/2 tank. When I got to work and parked I shut the truck off and turned the key on to see how fast the fuel needled moved, and it went all the way to almost 3/4's of a tank, so I cranked it up and sure enough it stayed between 3/4's and 1/2 tank.. What the frank is going on...?

#7 ·
were you parked on an incline by any chance

#8 ·
LOL, no, no I wasnt.

Would the ICP cause it to shut down? Where is that sensor located at?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.