Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2000 ps starts but engine lopes

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SCUFFY828 
#1 ·
2000 excursion 7.3l, engine starts but it lopes along with no throttle response. No codes stored. I've tried IDM, IPR, ICP, and CMP sensors. Now ready to pull hair out. Fuel pressure good and has new fuel filter. Engine runs really bad. I performed a contribution test and came up with 5 injector codes. That sounds right, because engine sounds like its running on 3 cylinders (1,3,4,5,6) there is no way 5 injectors would go out at the same time. There are no codes (KOEO or KOER) and engine light is not on. One more thing, tremendous amount of white from exhaust. What the F##K is going on. Someone help, Thanks.

#2 ·
water in your fuel is what that sounds like......bad head gasket or cracked head... did you check your oil? did you check your antifreeze? is all of those normal?

#3 ·
Have you thought about a compression test. I would be doing that test to every cylinder. As for 5 injectors going bad at once. Never think it can not happen, because I have seen all 8 go bad at once. You get one tank of bad fuel and it destroys all the injectors. But it has been said before check for water in the oil, do a compression test. If you do have 5 bad injectors I suggest going to a stage 1 injector. If you have to replace 5 you might as well replace all 8 if you are going to replace all 8 you might as well upgrade.

Another thing to check is the UVC (under valve cover wiring harness) if that is bad then that will cause your engine to run like crap as well. You may have both sides bad.

It is time to get dirty and investigate the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.