p0470 and p1316 Codes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2007, 04:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
p0470 and p1316 Codes

I have had my check engine light on for a while, i just got the codes pulled and found P0470 (back pressure sensor) and P1316 which can be a pandora's box.

Recently the SES lights comes on and off, particularly when i hit a bump and sometimes goes off when i go WOT just to come back on later on again.

I have done some research and for the p0470 it seems to be a cloged sensor from carbon build up. But i dont see it unpluging it self when i hit a bump or so. I on another thread that someone got rid of both codes just by replacing the sensor.

The p1316, i read that the solution could be a simple harness pin(s) to secure possible loose the connectors. Possible since it comes on and off on bumps?

Im planning on replacing the EBP sensor first and if the problem persist, use the clips for the UVC (which i have no idea how to get to yet)

Any recommendations before i tackle this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Update:

After installing an "Exhaust Backpressure Sensor
Code Eliminator Stage II" the SES light still comes on... Got to take the truck to a friend of mine to get it scaned. I hope the p0470 is no longer there.

If anyone coudl shed some light into this issue it would be much appreciated.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:04 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

p1316 is most likely to be a short harness loose under the valve cover if his scanner will run injector buzz test , it will tell you which cylinder is cutting out , may have to pull both off if problem isnt happening when its scanned
Old 04-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

thanks for the tip... he has an older superchiop or so programmer/scanner.. i dont think his has the injector buzz test..

where do i get those clips? hard to install?? i might just do all of them while im at it.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:11 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

well the best fix is to just pull valve covers off and take care of them both ,problem eliminated
Old 04-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yeah, do you know where can i order the clips that i need??
Old 04-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i think i got it:

Ford Part#: 2C3Z-14A163-AB
International Part#: 1844193C91
Old 08-18-2007, 03:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

where is the ebp sensor located exactly, i have the same codes on my 99 psd
Old 08-18-2007, 04:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Question

My work truck is an '01 F250 7.3 turbo diesel that wasn't properly taken care of by previous employees so, needless to say I've been learning lots about diesels. Problem; I pulled into a parking lot the other day and it died so I turned key off waited a few turned back on waited and turned it over and over and over but no fire. I checked under the hood fuse box found a 30 amp maxi blown, replaced still no fire, then checked box under dash found a 20 amp blown, replaced to no avail. I have fuel pressure, oil is full. I borrowed a reader and there was only 1 code a P1670, manufacturer controlled computer and auxillary outputs. What does this all mean?? Sounds awful expensive to me. in reading most replies there seem to be some knowledgeable members out there. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:29 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by im1slk1 View Post
My work truck is an '01 F250 7.3 turbo diesel that wasn't properly taken care of by previous employees so, needless to say I've been learning lots about diesels. Problem; I pulled into a parking lot the other day and it died so I turned key off waited a few turned back on waited and turned it over and over and over but no fire. I checked under the hood fuse box found a 30 amp maxi blown, replaced still no fire, then checked box under dash found a 20 amp blown, replaced to no avail. I have fuel pressure, oil is full. I borrowed a reader and there was only 1 code a P1670, manufacturer controlled computer and auxillary outputs. What does this all mean?? Sounds awful expensive to me. in reading most replies there seem to be some knowledgeable members out there. Thanks in advance for any replies.
is your wait to start light coming on when you turn the key on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.