Truck throwin codes-ICP and IPR - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 09:11 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck throwin codes-ICP and IPR

truck specs:
2000 F250 7.3L

truck ran yesturday for about three blocks and died. Had to get it towed back to the house. Changed the oil with 15w40 and put some 47 cetane (BP) diesel in it because it was at a quarter tank. Checked fuel bowl just in case there were jelling issues.(sorta cold hasn't dropped below 20degrees) None found. Let it sit a little bit and tried to start up again. Reved for about 30 seconds or so and then a slow start/shaky ran fine after that no codes.

Come out this morning, hard start again go to the gas station (47 cetane BP diesel different BP though) go to start up the truck, really hard start after holding ignition key for longer then I would like (50seconds or so. Don't want to wear out the starter) and cycling the glow plugs. Starts and runs but is throwing check engine light.

Codes:
P1282-excessive ICP
P1212-ICP Voltage not accepted
P1211-ICP Not controllable pres or above/desired

Ok I did some research and people are saying these codes usually correspond with issue with the IRP sensor. Although some have replaced both ICP and IRP. Got a quote from Ford for the IRP and its gonna run 360$ and the ICP is 170$. Talked to a fleet mechanic up in Fairfax about it and he said the IRP is a ***** to get to, need a 1 1/4 deep well socket?

Any idea which it would be, ICP or IRP? My big question is are there diesel places around the fredericksburg,VA area that can test oil pressure and things like that? Most of the shops I have talked to can't do it and if they can't do it I don't know how they are gonna fix it unless they are just replacing both sensors and charging me for it. I really would like to avoid going to ford since I don't have a ton of money to spare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2009, 07:30 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First check the UVC harness connections at the rear inside of each valve cover, look for burnt or loose connections. You can pull the ICP and see if there is oil on the connector, if there is it is bad and should be replaced, but you can unplug it and the puter will default to a value of 2500psi and the truck will run. I also think you mean the IPR instead of IRP, it is the Injector Pressure Regulator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.