Need help on my 02 f350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 04:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help on my 02 f350

i have a 2002 ford f350 with the 7.3l diesel that while cold and warming it up runs fine ounce warm and in park or neutral it has a crazy idle where the rpm bounce around until it shuts off here is what ive done to mine to try and fix the problem

new hpop
new icp sensor with connector
new ipr sensor with connector
new cam sensor
new waste gate
new fuel pump
made sure the spring that on the side of the fuel bowl didnt have trash in it
did the in tank fuel mods to get rid of them pesty screens in there

and non of this has done anything for the truck im thinking now that its a head gasket problem but im not sure im gonna send some oil off to have it tested to see if there is any antifreeze in the oil any help from you would be awsome my next step is getting rid of the truck witch i dont want to do but no one can figure it out

also on my truck the check engine light comes on when your on the highway and hit about 70 and stays on its throwing a no turbo boots code and the truck has just about no power pulling hills or a load on a trailor dose urs do this all i can get out of the ford dealers is that its a pressure problem.

when you unhook the icp the idle problem goes away but the no power problem dosent any info would be awsome thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
dont give up, some real good techs here. I am sure they will chime in.
Good description of the issue too.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:09 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Man you have been chasing rabbits and spending $$$$$. STOP!!! Take a deep breath and have the truck scanned for codes, these trucks are not OBDII compliant so the FREE scan at AZ won't work. It sounds like maybe the EBPV is closing on you when it shouldn't be. Pull the EBPS on the front, left side of the engine, it is just above the CPS and sits on a metal tube, clean the bottom of the sensor and the metal tube of all carbon deposits with brake cleaner. But don't go buy any more parts until you have the codes read.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have done the ebpv thing where you take it off and clean it i didnt spray break cleaner down in it but i did take that tube off and it wasnt very dirty at all might take it off again and spay some cleaner down in it i blew threw the tube and it was clear

as far as the clodes its throwing a low/no turbo boost code

they told me at the ford dealer that the screens in my tank were clogged thats why it was running like this so after they told me 700 to drop the tank i brought it back home and did it myself while i had the tank dropped i did the intank fuel mods the screens were very dirty but when i got it back together it didnt do anything so i took it back to them and they told me all they new was that it was a pressure problem there quick to take ur money but give you very little info on the truck i do know that the low turbo boost code was one of them if that will help at all
Old 12-31-2009, 09:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Took my truck to ford today and they said

the number 1 and 8 injector were missing and that when they took the truck out for a drive when they jammed on the throttle the hpop was only putting out 1800 psi and they said it was suppose to be a min of 2800psi

so where do i start new hpop or ipr or injector the hpop that i have on it now it just over a year old and the ipr came off a truck with 63000 miles i guess i could have gotten a bad hpop just dont know where to start now any info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.