Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

another starting problem

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  F350Buster 
#1 ·
first off i want to say i hate my edge evolution it has given me more problems than anything ive used before.

i go out to start my truck and the wait to start light doesnt even come on....we have 25 inches of snow, it should come on. edge says it needs to initialize, then "PCM not responding press any key to return to stock". this happens frequently and i do and it goes to the turn key on do not start screen and then does nothing at all i cant get it to do anything. the batteries are turning over and over and it wont catch. never have i turned the key on/off during programming and never has it become unplugged during programming. pretty sure it has my computer shot and i need to get out in the morning. if its not the computer does anyone have any ideas and solutions about what could be wrong

ps. we tried jumping it...nothing.

#2 ·
No WTS light is signs of a bad PCM, remove the EDge all together and see if you get a WTS light. Also check the #30 fuse and see if it is blown, this controls the fuel heater, if it is blown unplug the fuel heater at the back of the bowl replace fuse and start.

#5 · (Edited)
:dunno:Similar situation is happening to me Right Now with my EVO... I disconected my batteries today when i was working with my trailer wiring, an after reconnecting them my EVO needed to reload, I was standing on the outside of my truck with the Drivers Door Shut reaching through the open window over the steering Column, an with my other hand i was hitting the Enter Button on the Programer... Like an IDIOT as soon as the EVO started Loading I BUMPED the IGNITION with my hand that was still Laying across the Column, The Pod Quit Loading @ 4%...

The Truck was in the Stock Setting Before i Disconected The Batteries an was Loading only the Stock Setting...

I didnt know what to do so i got it Towed to Ford, An Have to Phone them first thing in the Morning...

The Truck was Doing the same things you guys are talking about, an the same messages came up on the Edges Pod... Only thing Different than yours is my WTS Light comes on...

Did i Fry My PCM???

:help:Somebody Please Help Me, Before The Stealership Empties My WALLET...lol

Feel Like Such a Dumb A$$...:banging:

Any Help Would Be Very Apreciated...

Thanks...

-Henry

#6 ·
Quick:bump::bump: Before I head out For The Day...

-Henry

#7 ·
Alright got her out of the Shop the other day an they charged me $220 to Re- Flash my PCM...

Is that a standerd price or is it a bit high?

Cause i think i got Ripped Off...

Truck sure Rubs Great in Stock Form Now Though, an they did my CPS Recall that i already did...lol They also said something about a cruise control recall that they fxed, i dont know...

-Henry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.