No Start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Start

I have a 2000 7.3 that was running fine. Truck was parked during work week. Temps dropped to 32 degrees. Then warmed to 65. This morning Truck started right up and ran for about 45 seconds without any problems. Then it just died. It turns over, getting fuel, but won't start. Wait to start light does not come on after this. Any ideas

also noticed 30 fuse was out, replaced it, and it blew again. Could this be a bad GPR? Also checked oil on HIGH PRESSURE, is a little low. Help!

i

Last edited by bobbyglez; 12-06-2009 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Follow up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had this problem before. The cure for mine was the fuel bowl heater. There is a plug in the fuel bowl which is your fuel bowl heater. The plug is bad and all u have to do is pull the plug out and leave it unplugged and you should be good to go. The fuses shouldn't blow anymore and your truck should start right up. you can either replace the plug or leave it unplugged. i have had mine unplugged and havn't had any issues. Hope this helps you out
Old 12-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks Luke I saw a post you had earlier, and that is exactly what I did. Unplugged it put in new fuse and truck started right up. Wait to start light is now works. Do you know the part number for the plug?
Bobby G
Old 12-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

no i wouldn't know that man sorry. I am sure one of the very knowledgable guys such as Maintain, Marty, or NCHornet knows
Old 12-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well, I'm in South Texas, home of the Spurs. It doesn't too cold down here anyway. By disconnecting that plug, does that mean I can't plug in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.