Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Whats this arrow?

3K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  NoRalPh 
#1 ·

i went WOT today pissed at some random person lol and then this arrow popped up and hasnt left.
Ive seen it before.. sorry its sideways what is it?
Trucks running fine.

See less See more
#7 ·
i looked at it last week it wasnt that bad but i'll go pick up one at the auto parts store i suppose. i do live on dirt(well most of the driveway is DG so not so dusty now).

#8 ·
wow im surprised no one knows.

btw truck is a 02.

#9 ·
It's for the air filter.

The only time I ever saw that light is when I had a bag over my intake while I was cleaning my motor. Forgot to take the bag off before starting it up :dunce: Light came on INSTANTLY :doh:

Definitely for the air filter

#10 ·
Hit the reset on the filter minder and clear the codes if you have the capabilities too :thumb:

#13 ·
Mine does and it's an 02, thats why I said that to him. His is an 02

#14 ·
thanx everyone. i'll go pick up a clean filter tomorrow for sure. worth ittt! dont need dirt in my turbo.

#17 ·
i called my local auto parts store that carries wix, they got the filter..32 bucks OUCH! oh well worth it. And wix is definitely the best choice for a drop in replacement from what everyones told me.

#19 ·
For another $15 you could go to NAPA and get a 6637 and a hose clamp and get rid of that factory airbox. Then she''ll be able to breath better :thumb:

#18 ·
My AfE stage II setup has a place for the factory filter minder to go, so I still use it.

#21 ·
heard too many nightmares bout them. used to have one on my old gasser truck and i even know a guy at K&N so i can get it for 30 bucks but ehh i'll go with the wix probably. I just got the idea after reading around a bit. imma plug in the compressor tomorrow and blow some crap outta my air filter and if it looks aight then i'll keep it if not i'll go grab the new one. lol. im really broke so every thing i can save on(within reason) is worth it.

#23 ·
So I cleaned mine up a bit(didnt get a chance to get a new one today) i think imma go get the WIX tomorrow and get er done. definitely wanna do the DIY soon too just need a elbow of PVC and some clamps right? with a 6637? cake! anyway.. how do i get the dang light to go off now?

#24 ·
ok went and spent the 35 bucks on the WIX filter but let me tell you this filter is made wayyyy better than the POS plain paper thing i had in there and it actually seals right. the other one didnt even appear to sit in right! so if you got a stock air box definitely go for the wix! Imma probably change mine every oil change or so if it gets that dirty(drive on dirt every day, driveway is gravel/dirt/dg)
Meanwhile how do I turn this stupid light off now? Let me guess a dealer or someonee with a code reader??

#26 ·
Ha both batteries? maybe... it'd kill my radio presets tho!

#28 ·
The code will stay in the puter until it is cleared, unhook both batteries for a few hours. Or stop by my house and I will clear them for you.

JD, Please k&N is by far the worse filter you can possibly use on a PSD. Every filtration test I have ever seen always has K&N at the very bottom, even below a used panty hose!!

NCH

#29 · (Edited)
So, the light won't ever go off on it's own, even if the condition that set it hasn't existed in say 20 starts?

I know the code might remain, but the light? Or is it different than the SES light and more like an AirBag one that, once "tripped" has to be reset?

and btw, what sets that light in the first place I wonder? Isn't the sensor in the airbox a temp sensor?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.