Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need some help yall

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  00t444e 
#1 ·
New owner of a 2000 f250. Love the truck and have been trying to fix little things since I bought it to get it in tip top shape. Broke down on me twice but fixed it both times. Recently pulled tank and did the in tank mods to help fuel flow and have done fuel filter, oil change, air filter, hubs, ball joints, put a edge on her to give her alittle more pep too. Upgraded clutch to south Bend as well.also new cps and Icp sensors. Anyhow when I drive her and go to step on it I get a bog or hesitation.The Icp drops when it happens too. Most boost I get is 15 as well. Did a trouble code scan with edge and got a bunch of tranny sensor circuit codes and torque converter codes so I checked the ecm pcm on the fire wall and it's a dpc-422 and has 01 auto 7.3 written on it. Could I have a bad ecm? My truck is a manual as well

#7 ·
While looking for new or remaned pcm I keep reading that ones out of an auto shouldn't affect drivability in a manual truck... so does that mean that this has nothing to do with the hesitation I'm getting
only if reflashed to manual or you install a chip with manual transmission programming (which overrides the PCM)

#9 ·
On cold start up it's at about 700 Icp 10% ipr
Once it warms these are the numbers
When I'm driving and let off throttle to come to a stop with truck in neautral the Icp will dip down to low 300's and come back up to this

Can't post a video or link cause I'm too new to forum

#10 ·
I may be way out in left field here, but I solved my throttle hesitation issue by installing a new pedal assembly. Evidently, the throttle position sensor on pedal assembly gave out. Solved that problem.

#11 ·
Running an an auto pcm in a manual will cause it to hesitate, and shudder when you get up to speed. You can either send it of to a company like Power Hungry Performance, of DP tuner to have them re flash the pcm. Or you can get a hydra chip and run the tunes for a manual. The new pedal assembly may have fixed your problem for now but you shouldn't be getting any transmission or TC codes with a manual trans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.