Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Valley full of oil

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Corey@CNCFAB 
#1 ·
So the valley is full of oil, to the point it's draining out the back of the engine.. the hpop was just redone so I can rule that out.. what else can fill the valley up?? 99 7.3 f350165xxx miles

#3 ·
The EBPV on the turbo can leak and cause what you're describing. You can put a delete pedestal on it and gut the exhaust outlet or get the whole delete kit. Check with @Corey@CNCFAB he can hook you up with all your 7.3 needs. (he can help you if it's something else too)

#6 ·
I think he was referring to the Bill Hewitt video that NoRalPh posted

#17 ·
Narrow it down by cleaning the valley of all oil (green/purple/whatever detergent hosed out and blow dry). Next roll-up 2-3 sheets of paper towel into a giant Kotex kinda thing (make 2) and slide them into the valley, 1 back under the turbo, the other forward under the HPOP so the entire valley is full of it.

Start the engine and look for the First signs of oil to appear (you might have to take it for a short drive, but check often at first).

You should be able to nail down the origin...

#18 ·
Narrow it down by cleaning the valley of all oil (green/purple/whatever detergent hosed out and blow dry). Next roll-up 2-3 sheets of paper towel into a giant Kotex kinda thing (make 2) and slide them into the valley, 1 back under the turbo, the other forward under the HPOP so the entire valley is full of it.

Start the engine and look for the First signs of oil to appear (you might have to take it for a short drive, but check often at first).

You should be able to nail down the origin...

Great idea thank you.. I'll let U know what I find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.