Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Voltage Drop on Startup

721 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  greenskeeper 
#1 ·
Recently I have been experiencing a major voltage drop whenever I first start up my truck usually after it sits either overnight or a few days. Its to the point where I hear a buzz sound under the dash. New batteries were put in in January terminals look good. The truck will turn over like it has new batteries but the gauge on the dash drops to below 10v. I am suspecting the battery cables but have not ohmed them out yet. Could this be the cause of my problem or should I try something simpler before buying new cables?

#2 ·
Recently I have been experiencing a major voltage drop whenever I first start up my truck usually after it sits either overnight or a few days. Its to the point where I hear a buzz sound under the dash. New batteries were put in in January terminals look good. The truck will turn over like it has new batteries but the gauge on the dash drops to below 10v. I am suspecting the battery cables but have not ohmed them out yet. Could this be the cause of my problem or should I try something simpler before buying new cables?
Sounds like you have a voltage drain when the truck is off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.