Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Won't go into gear after changing the valve body springs

822 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JustinOOO9 
#1 ·
99 f350 auto
I got a kit from tugger to change the springs in the valve body. I dropped the pan took off both valve body's, the solenoid pack, and the separator plate to check the feed bolts while it was apart. I check the location of the check balls many times online I'm almost positive there right. Then I put the springs in paying attention to the instructions carefully. I also did a bypass valve delete. I put everything back together, filled the fluid. Started the truck shifted from P to 1 many times checked the fluid got in it put it in reverse and it wouldn't move neither would any other gears. I'm hoping someone can tell me if they think it's the valve body or the check balls before i tear it open again.

#2 ·
Easy things to confirm first is that you've got the electrical connector on tight and then take pump pressure from the test plug (or temp sender if you've got gauges). If it's not responding at ALL this could be as simple as the filter not in right or it's not connected electrically.

Next would be the right scanner to see what the PCM thinks (is the OD light flashing)?

#3 ·
I checked the solenoid harness its clean and tight I don't have time right now to check the pressure because I'm about to go to work. I ordered a filter off xtremediesel a couple of days before I put it back together and just realized the package says "4r110 filter" are these filters the same that should be in my truck?

#5 ·
if you have a 4x4 you need the filter that has a little tube that extends past the bottom of the filter. I did some reading and they make a shallow pan filter which is for 2wds and a deep pan filter for all the 4x4's. if you go on dieselfilters online order the ft-114 its the deep pan and the ft-113 is the shallow pan.

Most parts stores only carry the shallow pan and when I pulled mine off I had the deep pan version. the tube sticks out like 3 inches past the bottom of the filter so I think its important to get the right one. I attached a shallow and deep pan picture.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.