Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cps

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  hoax23 
#1 ·
Well I have searched every where on here and it seems that the problems that I am having is coming from the CPS. But to be sure i want to see what everyone else thinks. I have a 03 with the 7.3, Edge programmer with the juice and 4" turbo back exhaust. My truck is acting really wierd. I went to take off last night not getting into it but gradually taking off and it will go get up around 25 mph and then like die for a split second. It like hicups or something wierd. This has happend several times in the past but i want to get it fixed. I havent pulled any codes yet but it seems that everyone is saying pretty much they are having the same problems and 9 times out of 10 its the CPS. Any insight?

Thanks,
Shawn

#2 ·
You should also check your oil levels. Low oil level can cause stuttering etc when the truck is cold.

Off Topic: So your in Middle River. A bunch of us on the board here are going out to Cecil Co. Dragway on the 16th (Fri). Would be cool to see you out there!

#3 ·
I have checked the oil levels several times and they are fine. I was also wondering if it could be a cloged injector?

Might be able to make it out there. Is everyone running or going to watch?

#4 ·
I think most of us are running at least a few passes...I will be. Marty isn't running b/c his T/C is slipping. We are meeting at the Flying J near the track at 5PM.

Ohh yeah...I think, since you checked the oil...it is the CPS.

#5 ·
ill call up some of my friends and see if they want to go also. Everyone said that the CPS was about $90.00. I just looked online and its $180.00-220.00. WTF

#6 ·
#8 ·
I live in Columbia and will be leaving here (Columbia) around 3PM-ish. Last time I left around 4-ish and hit some hellatious traffic. I should be at the Flying J at or around 5PM depending on traffic. Last time there were a few accidents which slowed us down (the g/f and I). This time, I'm flying solo so no g/f taking her sweet time getting ready. (I swear, I'm going to start telling her that we are leaving an hr earlier than we really need to so we can get on the road at the right time!)

#11 ·
Did the CPS do the job? Just curious..
Tom

#13 ·
Also might be wise to put it back to stock and see how it runs. Could be the programming, but it doesn't hurt to have a spare cps:)

#14 ·
still havent got around to chaning it yet. I called edge and im sending back my edge juice back for them to re=flash to see if that works

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.