Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

lost keyless entry fob

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Heavy_GD 
#1 ·
hey! new to the form. just picked up my 2000 7.3 lariat with 411km on it for 4g hoping i got a good deal. anyways heres my question the guy who owed it lost the key fob for the keyless entry. before i try to track one down(obsolete part from ford). i need to figure out how to test system before i go a head an order one or find one. anyone know how to test the lock system? i had ford run the vin # an it does have the option

#3 ·
@dandan I've bought 3 from these guys, they're pretty cheap, like $15. I sent the last one back cause one of the buttons didn't work and I had a new one a couple days later no questions asked :thumb:
Replacement Key Fobs | Keyless Entry Remote Repair
Do you know how to program it?

#4 ·
I bought my replacement fob for my 2000 superduty at autozone... It came with instructions on how to program it was very simple... I believe it was some sort of pattern of turning the ignition on and off a certain amount of times (if I remember correctly).. And it only cost me 25$ :)

#5 · (Edited)
On-off 8 times stopping in the on position, the locks will click, press a button on the remote, then one the second remote, then turn key off and you're done.
Be thankful you don't have a Pats key to mess with. I had one and went and got a hardware store one so I'd have 2 so I could program a new Ford key...no luck, had to take it to the dealer and spend $35 to get it programmed, oh well now I have 3 keys and they got me the code for the key less entry as a kicker. So I stashed the 3rd key in the Explorer, now if I ever lose my keys at least I'm not stuck (except I don't drive the Explorer much) :thumb: I still can't find the box with the factory code in my F250, I've looked all under the dash, I'll probably have to take that to the dealer some day to get that code

Reactions: 7.3 powerchoke
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.