Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

truck stalled and only runs rough with pedal to the floor

1K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  ennat1 
#1 ·
I haven spend many hours reading and rereading the forums trying to find a answer and now im asking. I have a 2001 f250 7.3, auto 4x4 200k miles. the other day I started it getting ready to go to work and it idled for approx 5 min the sputtered and quit. I can restart the truck but only if I have the pedal to the floor. things that I have already done...new pedal, new icp sensor, new cps, I have 3/4 tank of fuel, cracked the fuel bowl lid and turned the ignition on and I am pumping fuel to that point. now Im kinda stuc. please help!!!!

#3 ·
I would hook up a monitoring device such as Torque Pro app to see what the HPOP is doing because that's where the problem most likely lies ... check what the ICP is while its idling and cranking since you probably cant get a WOT reading.. also check the IPR percentages

#4 ·
So my truck does not idle, it will only start and run with the pedal to the floor. And it runs horrible at that. Things that I have done...new pedal, new icp sensor, new cps, I have 3/4 tank of fuel, cracked the fuel bowl lid and turned the ignition on and I am pumping fuel to that point. I have replaced the fuel pressure regulator, inspected the undercover harness, hpop oil level is full,

#8 ·
ok so here is a list of things that I have completed...please chime in and tell me what i missed

cps new, plus i get 320 rpms with cranking

pulled idm and opened it, no moisture, no corrosion, nothing burnt.

fuel pressure regulator new

under cover harness tight with 25 cent fix

buzz test loud and crisp

new fuel pump (65psi)

ipr % 14.8 koeo, starting up to 65%

hpop cranking up to 2200 psi

new icp sensor

12.8v on battery 12v while cranking

new fuel filter

i have bypassed the fuel tank to confirm fuel flow

all my fuses are good

oil level is full

Please please help

#13 ·
What did the IPR read cause you had plenty of cranking ICP... That seems like one of the only things you haven't looked at

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.