Service engine soon light and miss fire - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Service engine soon light and miss fire

While driving to work my engine light came on and the ttuck stated to miss on a couple cylinders it sounds like. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am haveing the same problem. It started the other day. Ran fine on the way to work. Shut it off,when I started it again,the light came on and it sounded like it was missing. I changed the fuel filter and when I started it up ,it ran fine. Today I drove it about ten miles ,and the light came on again and it is missing again.
If you figure it out ,please let me know what it is.
Good Luck
Old 06-27-2010, 02:30 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
get the codes pulled to narrow your search down. Check to make sure the harness is good and tight at both valve covers . I had one of the wires for my injectors back out and had to push is in and re seat it in the past.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Get an Auto Enginuity with the ford bundle ASAP from one of the sponsors. It will almost certainly pay for itself within the first repair.

If you plan on keeping your truck a while it is an absolute necessity. I put my blind trust into a dealership, and ended up buying the AutoEnginuity $3,000.00 dollars to the stealership later. Only to find out the recalled CPS they put in my truck was causing all my issues (a 50 dollar part). Between the forums and an AE there isn't much you cant fix on this truck.

And maybe you got a new cps recently? that or UVCH seem to be all too common. Both of which are easy fixes even for someone of my mechanical ability.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I took my truck to Auto zone ,after reprogramming my Super Chip back to stock mode. They ran there free diognostic and it didn't show anything.
I then went to Ford and they told me I cant get a diognostic from anywhere but them because of there program and that they use a lap top to check things out. Also said it takes about 2 hours and cost $99.95 to run the diognostic test.
Parked the truck for now. Will have to take a day off from work this Wed. to have enough time to take it in.
Still hopeing it doesn't cost me a arm and leg,but get the feeling they are telling me to bend over and smile???
Does anyone have a handle on what would cause the light to come on and start missing like this?
I don't have money for exspensive repairs,but need it fixed quick.
Sorry for the long thread.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Had the same problem tonight and it was the cam position sensor. I had it replaced 1 week ago with an aftermarket. I guess the aftermatket ones are no good either. Getting another one tomorrow. Hope this helps.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

After I park my van at the airport for 2 weeks,
Had the same problem with the Engine service soon light went on but the engine was running fine, and this morning I fired it up while holding the reset switch under the left side of the steering wheel and no more engine service soon light, seem's like I fixed the problem and really easy, for now

Jocelyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.